10 things I learned in the 10 worst years of my life:
1. You are amazing. Never let anyone tell you otherwise.
2. The world is beautiful, it truly is, it’s just that some people aren’t. Don’t let those people make you forget the clear blue skies and the daisies that grow in your yard.
3. Accept everyone. Accept the people who are often too happy, accept the people who are sad, accept the people you barely notice, even accept the assholes. The only time you don’t have to accept someone is when they (have) hurt you or someone you care about.
4. Don’t let your happiness rely on anyone but yourself. No one but yourself should ever have the power to make or break you.
5. Learn how to say no. It might upset others but it will be such a relief.
6. Whatever it is, it will be okay.
7. Some people are nice and some aren’t. Let them be.
8. Move. Always keep moving. Whether that means moving to another place, another comfort zone or another state of mind. Never get stuck because that means you will stop growing.
9. You are allowed to feel whatever it is that you are feeling. You are feeling sad? Okay, ride it out. You are feeling extremely upset? That’s okay too. Lay in bed, cry, watch a sad movie, listen to some rock music. Tomorrow is another chance and you are just going to pull yourself together, put on some nice clothes and do what you want to do.
10. Smile at strangers, hold the door, help people. You don’t know what others are going through and it might help them. Just remember all those times people helped you get over your problems with just a simple gesture of kindness.